These muffins are a great way to start your morning off on the right foot. These muffins are not only delicious but they are filling too.
- 3 scoops protein powder
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups carrots, peeled & shredded
- 1 whole apple, peeled & grated
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, roasted
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, roasted
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, protein powder,baking powder and cinnamon. Stir in carrot, cranberries, seeds, coconut and apple.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg whites, melted coconut butter, coconut sugar and milk—beat well.
- Add wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir well to incorporate. Scoop mixture into large muffin cups.
- Bake at 350F for 20 min.
Makes 15 muffins
Serving size: 1 muffin + 1 cup skim milk
Calories: 190kcal, Carbs: 20g, Protein: 10g, Fat 8g