You say BBQ and most people think BURGERS! More and more people are reducing the amount of meat protein they consume and are looking for healthy vegetarian & vegan protein items they can enjoy this BBQ season. When it comes to store-bought veggie burgers, the options are endless and figuring out which one you’ll like best can be tough.
We’ve taken a look at four of the most popular vegetarian burgers on the market as well as a bonus restaurant veggie burger and we are giving you the breakdown
- Beyond Burger – loaded with 20g of protein – thus this burger nutritionally walks and talks the most like regular meat burgers. From a protein perspective, these burgers rock! These burgers are soy and gluten-free and have the look, smell AND taste of meat. Not a fan that the second ingredient is Canola oil, as this is a processed oil.
- Garden Black Bean Burger – made with a blend of black beans, brown rice and veggies these patties are full of flavor and gluten-free.
- Boca Veggie Burger – these burgers have been around the longest and have stood the test of time! To help satisfy that burger craving with 13g of protein and are made from non-GMO soybeans and a savory spice blend.
- Amy’s California Veggie Burger – made with mushrooms, walnuts and veggies these are bursting with flavour. They have zero cholesterol and no soy.
- Boon Burger – the “classic” burger with 30g of carbohydrates just for the patty and only 7g of protein, this restaurant vegetarian burger wasn’t a hit on our list despite all the delicious toppings. Specifically because with a bun you are looking at a 60g carbohydrate meal.
The choices are endless when it comes to meatless burger options; try some for yourself and you be the judge!