While a source of saturated fat – Coconuts contain a different kind of fat called medium chain fatty acids – this type of fat is unique and helps to normalize cholesterol levels in the blood and may help boost metabolism. Along with plenty of fibre, vitamins and minerals coconut products provide a tasty (and wheat free) alternative to mix with or replace your every day staples.
- Substitute Coconut Flour in muffin, cookie, cake and bar recipes for wheat free alternatives that are high in fibre.
- Replace Coconut Oil and Coconut Butter for regular butter
- Try Unsweetened Shredded Coconut in bars, cookies, smoothies and pancake recipes, sprinkled on fresh berries or combined in a 1:1 ratio with coconut flour as “breadcrumbs” for chicken or shrimp
- Use Coconut Milk as a dairy-free creamer alternative – great for homemade ice cream!
- Coconut Water after a workout to rehydrate and replenish electrolytes