When trying to eat healthily, meal prep is key. But, let’s face it, no one wants to spend hours in the kitchen when they could be outside enjoying the Summer weather.
Here are 8 food prep tips to get you in & out of the kitchen so you can have some fun in the sun!
- Buy can tuna, deli meat and rotisserie chicken for great “no-cook” protein options
- Use a rice cooker or InstaPot to cook a batch of rice/quinoa to get you through the week
- Focus on cold breakfasts – prep overnight oats, hardboiled eggs or yogurt parfaits the night before to save time in the morning
- Make double batches of energy balls, healthy cookies/muffins and freeze to grab for a quick snack on the go
- Use lots of inexpensive, in-season produce for easy snacks or side dishes
- Chop and prep your fruit & veggies for any salads, sides, etc that you plan on having during the week
- Incorporate leftovers from the grill – add a few extra skewers, chicken breasts, etc when you BBQ and enjoy the next day for lunch
- Use the oven/stove in the morning (before it gets too hot) to make casseroles, soups/stews, sauces, etc that you can freeze and can be easily thawed for a quick meal