Green tea is the healthiest drink on the planet and here are 5 proven reasons why a cup a day can keep the doctor away…
Note that it is loaded with polyphenols, most notably Catechinsan EGCG. These are antioxidants that fight and may even prevent cell damage. Green tea is not processed much before it’s poured in your cup, so the nutrients stay intact and ready to assist with…
- Brain health: because of the right amount of caffeine (less than coffee or black tea), it acts like a stimulant to keep you alert but is not an over stimulant to cause hyperactivity. Green tea also contains high levels of L-theanine, which increase dopamine – a feel good androgen. The two nutrients work together to improve overall brain health
- Weight loss: green tea helps with weight loss in more ways than one. Its thermogenic ability will increase metabolic burn as well as aerobic performance. In addition some studies have shown that green tea is effective to reduce abdomen fat.
- Dental health: Catechins have been shown to reduce bacteria especially oral, thus it helps with overall dental health and halitosis.
- Diabetes: Some controlled trials show that green tea can cause mild reductions in blood sugar levels, as it can improve insulin sensitivity.
- Lower your cancer risk: the powerful antioxidants have been shown to reduce risk of cancers, specifically: breast, prostate and colon.