Whole302010 – SUPERfood SPOTLIGHT
Why we like it
Known to increase energy, endurance and boost stamina (without a crash like caffeine) daily and especially during exercise.
Balances hormones during menopause (maybe helping with those hot flashes!) and also helps to improve fertility.
Excellent source of vitamins B, C and E, minerals, antioxidants, fibre, plant sterols and alkaloids.
Improves skin and hair
5 ways to use it
- Start by adding ½ tsp daily to smoothies, yogurts or in juice
- Mix in baked goods, such as cookies, granola or muffin recipes
- Sprinkle on popcorn with a little coconut oil and sea salt
- Enjoy a “Hot Maca Latte” to start your day – Mix 1 tbsp maca with any milk alternative, 1 tsp honey and ground cinnamon
- Mix 3 tsp maca powder with ½ cup walnuts, ¼ cup coconut, 3 pitted dates for a delightful nutty raw “crust”
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup cocoa
- ½ cup hemp
- 3 tbsp maca
- 6 dates
- 2 scoops protein
- Soak dates in water for 20-30 min to soften. Grind walnuts in a food processor to form a flour.
- Add all other ingredients to combine.
- Once mixture has formed a dough like mixture, remove and form into 8 equal sized balls.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
If you have already used this superfood before – let us and your fellow challengers know how you add it to your MCC meals. If you have never used it – what has been your favourite way to incorporate Maca Root Powder into your everyday?