Beets and Greens Grilled Chicken Salad
During the summer months barbecues and salads are a quick, easy, refreshing and delicious. This salad is great for those summer BBQs and it is also a great way to use up leftover grilled chicken! You can also pick up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and use the white meat with the skin removed.
- 3 ounces chicken breast
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup pear, diced
- 3 tbsp diced pickled beets
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- ½ ounces or 1 tbsp goat cheese
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- Grill chicken breast on a well–oiled barbecue grill at medium heat, approximately 6 minutes per side. Let cool and slice into strips.
- Arrange spinach on a salad plate. Top with the diced pear, beets, pecans, and goat cheese.
- Mix all ingredients for the salad dressing in small jar and shake well. Pour over salad, then place sliced chicken on top.
- TIP: To make this recipe gluten –free, be sure to use a gluten free soy sauce!
Serving size: 1 Calories: 309 Fat: 13g Carbohydrates: 26g Protein: 23g