Thanksgiving is almost here and so are the high fat, and calorie loaded desserts. We were inspired by a recipe we found on The SkinnyTaste website for a cranberry bar and we thought we would share with the rest of you
What you need:
- 2 cups all whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup granulated coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips (you can also use semi sweet chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 inch non-stick baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon).
- In a seperate bowl, whisk the sugar with the coconut oil, egg whites, applesauce and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients and continue whisking until the batter is very well blended. If the batter looks more “crumbly” than smooth, add just a drop of water at a time (ONLY if needed) until it smooths out.
- Once blended gently fold in white chocolate chips and 1/3 cup cranberries. Spread batter onto the baking pan using a spatula to smooth.
- Bake 10 – 14 minutes, until the edges are light brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Don’t over-bake or your bars will be dry. Let it cool completely on wire rack.
Makes 30 bars. Calories: 96kcal, Carbohydrates: 15 grams, protein 2 grams, fat: 3 grams