Meal of the Month
Try these simple and delicious hormone energy balls for a quick on the go snack this month!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup flax seed meal
- 6 tbsp. chocolate chips
- 3 scoops protein powder
HOW TO DO IT:
- In a mixing bowl stir together peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract. Add remaining ingredients and stir until evenly coated.
- Transfer mixture to refrigerator or freezer and chill until set.
- Remove from refrigerator or freezer and shape into 16 balls.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
Try adding in some maca root powder to the mixture. Maca root helps balance our hormones and due to an overabundance of environmental estrogens, most people’s hormones are a bit out of whack. Maca stimulates and nourishes the hypothalamus and pituitary glands which are the “master glands” of the body. This means happy hormones!
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION for 2 energy balls…246 kcal, 17G Carbohydrate 17G Protein 15G Fat